Home » News » Politics » Election 2013
Dunphy wins Ward 6 spot on Manchester school board
Challenger Robyn Dunphy finished with 810 votes to Bergeron’s 760 in votes tallied by the city after the polls closed.
Dunphy is a teacher at Mill Falls Charter School in Manchester.
“I made a lot of phone calls and did a lot of footwork,” she said. “I went to people to hear what they had to say. I wanted to hear what they thought the issues were.”
“I want to be gracious and really thank everybody that supported me. A lot of people worked very hard for me and I’m very appreciative,” Bergeron said. “I knew it was going to be close. That’s the reason we all worked really hard.”
Bergeron has held the Ward 6 seat on the school board since he was appointed to replace Donna Soucy, who resigned in April citing her duties as a newly elected state senator.
“Bergeron knew he faced a tough challenger in Dunphy, a teacher and educator who finished second to Bergeron in the primary. That race was just as close with Bergeron getting 308 votes to Dunphy’s. “It’s been a pretty exciting election. I really have to say. It was exciting and I thinik a lot of voices were heard.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
- Moose International files suit to claim Claremont lodge - 0
- NH man's wife flies to Rome, meets Pope Francis after giving birth on death row in Sudan - 2
- Manchester postpones Fourth of July celebration - 0
- Reports say Sudanese Christian woman released; Manchester relative hopeful - 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner