Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Chester man offers reward for stolen heirloom
The chain was one of several items taken in a break-in at a house on Shepard Home Road.
The chain first belonged to Richard’s grandfather, Ray Akins of Derry.
Richard said he discovered the house was broken into while he was away for a few days.
The chain was among other jewelry and a knife that were stolen.
Burglars also swiped jewelry and money from a residence on Great Oak Drive where a 22-year-old legally blind man was home alone and attacked by the intruders.
The bruising around his left eye caused by a punch to the face is fading as are the marks on his back left behind when one of the burglars struck him with an object.
“It’s amazing how many people don’t lock their doors. It’s sad that you can’t trust people anymore,” he said.
“These people going into houses go directly to where they think these (valuables) will be,” Burke said.
Burke said the burglars that hit Shepard Home Road came in through a window, but in the case of the Great Oak Drive burglary, Joe said the burglars broke in through a basement door with a dead bolt.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 1
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 7
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 3
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief