Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Chester man offers reward for stolen heirloom
The chain was one of several items taken in a break-in at a house on Shepard Home Road.
The chain first belonged to Richard’s grandfather, Ray Akins of Derry.
Richard said he discovered the house was broken into while he was away for a few days.
The chain was among other jewelry and a knife that were stolen.
Burglars also swiped jewelry and money from a residence on Great Oak Drive where a 22-year-old legally blind man was home alone and attacked by the intruders.
The bruising around his left eye caused by a punch to the face is fading as are the marks on his back left behind when one of the burglars struck him with an object.
“It’s amazing how many people don’t lock their doors. It’s sad that you can’t trust people anymore,” he said.
“These people going into houses go directly to where they think these (valuables) will be,” Burke said.
Burke said the burglars that hit Shepard Home Road came in through a window, but in the case of the Great Oak Drive burglary, Joe said the burglars broke in through a basement door with a dead bolt.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth