Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Seabrook mother accused of trying to kill kids may plead insanity
Wendy Wright, 33, notified a judge that an insanity defense may be used in her attempted murder trial in Rockingham County Superior Court.
Wright is accused of feeding bleach to her 7-year-old daughter and 6-year-old son on June 18. She allegedly told the children they were taking medicine but later told police she was trying to “save” them, according to police.
Wright is also facing two counts of attempted first-degree assault.
If Wright formally enters an insanity plea, then the burden will be on prosecutors to prove that she was sane at the time of the offense.
“I don’t want to live. I really love my kids but I wanted to save them from everyone else,” Wright allegedly told a police officer who responded to her home.
“I called the police when my wife and I smelled bleach, and the girl admitted her eyes burned because (her) mother made them take bleach,” Wooley told police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Total Votes: 917