Hundreds attend funeral of Keene restaurant owner
Friends and family members said goodbye to Keene chef and restaurant owner Keon Ioannou at a funeral service at Saint George Greek Orthodox Hellenic Hall Tuesday morning. (MEGHAN PIERCE PHOTO)
The approximately 40-minute service included traditional chants and prayers in Greek.
“It was very nice. It was traditional. It was full. Standing room only,” said Jaime Tussing, who said he met Ioannou when he moved to Keene 12 years ago.
Ioannou is also known to his friends for his generosity. When Tussing was in-between apartments, Ioannou opened his home up to him, he said.
Burroughs was arrested Saturday morning on felony charges of conduct after an accident — leaving the scene of a fatal accident — and negligent homicide. Police are still investigating whether to add a charge of driving while intoxicated.
Tuesday, a district court clerk said the probable cause hearing is set to take place Thursday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
- Wastewater lagoon blamed for Exit 4 odor - 0
- Author and poet Maya Angelou dies at 86 - 0
- After controversy, retired NH superior court judge fights for kudos - 4
- Road to be closed for fallen Brentwood officer's procession - 0
- Brentwood Officer Arkell's death adds fresh pain to somber law enforcement memorial ceremony - 1
- Conference participants take on climate change planning - 1
- NH agencies see growing needs for seniors - 1
- Nashua to combat substance abuse with knowledge at forum - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax