Hundreds attend funeral of Keene restaurant owner
Friends and family members said goodbye to Keene chef and restaurant owner Keon Ioannou at a funeral service at Saint George Greek Orthodox Hellenic Hall Tuesday morning. (MEGHAN PIERCE PHOTO)
The approximately 40-minute service included traditional chants and prayers in Greek.
“It was very nice. It was traditional. It was full. Standing room only,” said Jaime Tussing, who said he met Ioannou when he moved to Keene 12 years ago.
Ioannou is also known to his friends for his generosity. When Tussing was in-between apartments, Ioannou opened his home up to him, he said.
Burroughs was arrested Saturday morning on felony charges of conduct after an accident — leaving the scene of a fatal accident — and negligent homicide. Police are still investigating whether to add a charge of driving while intoxicated.
Tuesday, a district court clerk said the probable cause hearing is set to take place Thursday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 0
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 4
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 1
School's out for voters