Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Defense tries to have evidence tossed in child sex assault case
Defense lawyer Robert Watkins argued that evidence leading to Beausoleil's arrest should be thrown out of court.
Wickson, 40, was indicted by a grand jury in October on charges accusing him of holding a knife to the neck of a 22-year-old man in Newton, groping a 21-year-old woman and throwing a beer at another woman during an off-duty incident in May. Wickson has been suspended without pay.
"No, I am not gaining any benefit," Wickson said.
He was called to testify on Friday because the defense is challenging the detective's decision to show the young girl only a single photo of a man believed to be Beausoleil taken from store surveillance footage.
"Children inherently want to please adults and want to be cooperative," Watkins said.
The girl was taken to Lawrence General Hospital following the assault. Wickson briefly questioned her at the hospital and showed her a photograph he had taken from store surveillance footage.
Assistant County Attorney Jennifer Kunsch said to Judge N. William Delker that the defense failed to meet its legal burden to demonstrate how exactly Beausoleil's rights were violated when Wickson showed a photograph of only one suspect to the girl. "The investigation is trying to rule out a suspect and identify who this person is on camera," she said.
Beausoleil, a registered sex offender in Massachusetts, faces charges of aggravated felonious sexual assault and felonious sexual assault in the case.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 3
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Firefighters respond to fire at Somersworth home - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424