Push-chair marathon team raising awareness for Best Buddies
O'Brien and Craig Welton will be among those participating in the Seventh Annual Manchester City Marathon, and will compete as a push-chair duo. One of their goals is to raise awareness for Best Buddies, a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities by providing one-to-one friendships, employment and leadership development.
"A lot of people asked me why I chose this course as my first one," Dickson said. "I was told it's the most challenging race to choose because of all the hills."
"It's a hard course because it's hilly," said Goffstown's Rick Brown, who also trains with Runner's Edge. "It's not like the Smuttynose (in Hampton), which is very flat and very fast. A group from Nashua came up here to run the course and they all said it was much harder than the course they train on."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Notebook: Season looks bright for NH's Division II men's hoop teams - 0
- NH College Notebook: UNH and Dartmouth set to renew football rivalry - 0
- NH College Notebook: Butcher's retirement will mark the end of an era at KCS - 0
- NH College Notebook: Bedford's Turner starts fast for Quinnipiac women skaters - 0
- NH College Notebook: Former NH runners pace No. 6 Georgetown - 0
- NH College Notebook: St. Anselm, SNHU to battle in nationally televised game - 0
- NH College Notebook: Milford's Andrews collects ACC award - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan