Women's records fall
It was a historic day at the Anthem Manchester City Marathon, Half Marathon and Relay as the records for both the women's races were broken.
Although it was a record for this race, Dengersa said her time wasn't nearly a personal record for her. She said she had a stronger run a couple of weeks ago in Atlantic City, N.J., but she was pleased with coming in first here.
Temperatures did fluctuate throughout the race, starting in the low 40s at the start and increasing as the sun came out later in the day. Dengersa also said the course was tough because of the hills.
Huebner said he was part of a group of three runners who kept "Yo-Yoing" for first place. He was in third place with a couple of miles left and made a move to pass Tadesse Biratu, who finished third, but didn't have enough to overtake Nebsi.
Huebner said Nebsi made a move to capture the lead at about the 8- or 9-mile mark and after that everybody was playing catch up.
READER COMMENTS: 39
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 1
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 16
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 3
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 13
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 8
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama the oblivious - 6
- Roger Simon: What Nelson Mandela overcame - 1
- George Will: Raise the minimum wage? It's iffy - 10
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0