Home » Sports » Field Hockey
NHIAA field hockey champs will be crowned today
All three divisions of the state field hockey ranks will crown champions today at Bedford High School, while all four boys' soccer divisions play the quarterfinal round.
The Division II match takes place at 2:30 p.m. and pits top-ranked Windham against No. 6 Merrimack Valley of Penacook.
Exeter (12-3-1) knocked off No. 1 Winnacunnet to reach the final. Pinkerton (15-1) beat Exeter 2-0 in the final game of the regular season.
Derryfield (17-0-0) will look to complete a perfect season and claim its fourth consecutive championship. Berlin (15-1-1) did not play Derryfield in the regular season.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A feel-good day for athletes, and downtown - 1
- Push-chair marathon team raising awareness for Best Buddies - 0
- It's 'go' time for the Marathon - 1
- John Habib's City Sports: Race founder no longer running the marathon - 0
- Thousands will turn out for a Sunday morning run in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 7
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 7
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up