Home » Opinion » Editorials
Shaheen's choice: Her Obamacare albatross
"Buried in Obamacare regulations from July 2010 is an estimate that because of normal turnover in the individual insurance market, '40 to 67 percent' of customers will not be able to keep their policy. And because many policies will have been changed since the key date, 'the percentage of individual market policies losing grandfather status in a given year exceeds the 40 to 67 percent range.'
Republicans saw those rules and tried to prevent the catastrophe that everyone knew would come. They proposed a bill in the U.S. Senate that would block the implementation of the rules, thus allowing people to keep their plans. As CNN reported on Friday, every Democrat in the Senate, including Jeanne Shaheen, voted against it.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
- Div. II Boys' Hockey: Bow and Bedford to meet for crown - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Londonderry moves on to title game - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Central pulls the semifinal upset - 0
- Bruins edge Phoenix for seventh straight win - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Fagula's last game will be for title - 0
- Another small step toward a new police station in Plaistow - 0
- Allen Lessels' College Hockey: For UNH, it's win, and there's still a chance for NCAAs - 0
- Rochester firm is ready to add jobs - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill