Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Arrest made after Keene bicyclist struck and killed in early morning hit-and-run
Police identified the victim as Keon E. Ioannou.
Police arrested Tracy A. Burroughs, 41, of Marlborough Street, Keene, and charged her with felony negligent homicide and one felony count of leaving the scene of a fatal accident.
According to a press release, Ioannou was riding his bike just east of Graves Road shortly before 2 a.m. when he was struck by a vehicle. Police said the driver apparently made no attempt to stop before or after the collision.
When emergency responders arrived at the accident scene, Ioannou was dead, police said.
Police said evidence at the scene indicated the vehicle involved was a white Saturn.
Burroughs is being held at Cheshire County jail in lieu of $25,000 cash bail pending arraignment Monday in 8th Circuit Court, Keene District.
Police are asking anyone who witnessed the collision to call Officer Joel Chidester or Officer Collin Zamore at 357-9813.
Information can also be provided anonymously at: http://www.ci.keene.nh.us/departments/police/anonymous-crime-tips.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917