Four Monarchs score in 4-1 win over P-Bruins
Manchester (8-1-1-2) leads the Atlantic Division with 19 points. Providence (4-4-0-2) is ranked third in the Atlantic Division with 10 points.
"(Martin) Jones has been great; we've had timely scoring," said Monarchs Head Coach Mark Morris. "Every game has been nip and tuck, and this one too, even though the score was 4-1, it was a lot closer than that. We had some key penalty kills in the second period. I thought we were really (relaxed) in the second and we opened the doors for them. We had a lot of giveaways and turnovers but we challenged the guys between the second and third, and they responded well."
Jones (8-1-2) earned his eighth win of the season stopping 30-of-31 shots. Subban (0-3-0) took his third loss of the season making 30 saves on 33 shots.
- - - - - -
Notables: Manchester leads the American Hockey League with a record of 8-1-1-2 for 19 points…The Monarchs have a record of 4-0-0-0 against the Providence Bruins this season…Left wing Andy Andreoff scored his second power play goal in as many games…Andreoff (2-1=3) and left wing Tanner Pearson (2-3=5) are on a three-game point streaks…Right wing Brandon Kozun is on a four-game point streak with seven points (1-6) dating back to Friday, October 25…Defenseman Nick Deslauriers (4-4=8) has scored a point in seven of his last eight games. . . . . The Monarchs travel to Canada to play the St. John's IceCaps at the Mile One Centre at 6 p.m. on Friday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newly elected Manchester school board member sues ex-employer, the city school district, over firing - 26
- Beauchamp to seek recount in Manchester Ward 12 alderman race - 1
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: I kept it positive in election campaign - 13
- Mayor's salary hike proposal called factor in city charter defeat - 4
- Winning Nashua Board of Education candidates weigh Common Core effect - 1
- Election marks a new era in Nashua - 0
- Claremont reelects incumbents, approves charter commission - 0
- Mix-up changes outcome of Dover school board race: Soule McCammon wins - 0
- Editor of free newspaper elected mayor of Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 7
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 7
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up