Four Monarchs score in 4-1 win over P-Bruins
Manchester (8-1-1-2) leads the Atlantic Division with 19 points. Providence (4-4-0-2) is ranked third in the Atlantic Division with 10 points.
"(Martin) Jones has been great; we've had timely scoring," said Monarchs Head Coach Mark Morris. "Every game has been nip and tuck, and this one too, even though the score was 4-1, it was a lot closer than that. We had some key penalty kills in the second period. I thought we were really (relaxed) in the second and we opened the doors for them. We had a lot of giveaways and turnovers but we challenged the guys between the second and third, and they responded well."
Jones (8-1-2) earned his eighth win of the season stopping 30-of-31 shots. Subban (0-3-0) took his third loss of the season making 30 saves on 33 shots.
- - - - - -
Notables: Manchester leads the American Hockey League with a record of 8-1-1-2 for 19 points…The Monarchs have a record of 4-0-0-0 against the Providence Bruins this season…Left wing Andy Andreoff scored his second power play goal in as many games…Andreoff (2-1=3) and left wing Tanner Pearson (2-3=5) are on a three-game point streaks…Right wing Brandon Kozun is on a four-game point streak with seven points (1-6) dating back to Friday, October 25…Defenseman Nick Deslauriers (4-4=8) has scored a point in seven of his last eight games. . . . . The Monarchs travel to Canada to play the St. John's IceCaps at the Mile One Centre at 6 p.m. on Friday.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Reports: Yankees get Red Sox Jacoby Ellsbury - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
- Belmont makes deal to sell Winnisquam fire station for $240,000 - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Salem's North Broadway may see another new retail plaza - 0
Candlelight vigil set for homeless
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos