Home » News » Public Safety
Police say Sen. Martha Fuller Clark struck pedestrian with car in Portsmouth
A press release from Portsmouth police said the police and fire departments responded to the accident at 8:39 p.m. at the corner of Maplewood Avenue and Hanover Street.
Police said a silver Audi driven by Clark "went over the curb onto the sidewalk on Maplewood Avenue near that intersection and struck a pedestrian walking on the sidewalk from behind."
The pedestrian, Carla Dow, 67, of Kittery Point, Maine, was transported to the Portsmouth Regional Hospital, police said. Dow was treated and released, a hospital spokesperson said Saturday.
Police said Clark was the only person in the car, and she was not hurt.
Police added, "There were no indicators that Senator Clark was impaired or under the influence of intoxicating substances."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads