Home » News » Public Safety
Police say Sen. Martha Fuller Clark struck pedestrian with car in Portsmouth
A press release from Portsmouth police said the police and fire departments responded to the accident at 8:39 p.m. at the corner of Maplewood Avenue and Hanover Street.
Police said a silver Audi driven by Clark "went over the curb onto the sidewalk on Maplewood Avenue near that intersection and struck a pedestrian walking on the sidewalk from behind."
The pedestrian, Carla Dow, 67, of Kittery Point, Maine, was transported to the Portsmouth Regional Hospital, police said. Dow was treated and released, a hospital spokesperson said Saturday.
Police said Clark was the only person in the car, and she was not hurt.
Police added, "There were no indicators that Senator Clark was impaired or under the influence of intoxicating substances."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Franklin man and woman facing charge of attempted prostitution of a minor - 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 3
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 4
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection