Home » News » Public Safety
Police say Sen. Martha Fuller Clark struck pedestrian with car in Portsmouth
A press release from Portsmouth police said the police and fire departments responded to the accident at 8:39 p.m. at the corner of Maplewood Avenue and Hanover Street.
Police said a silver Audi driven by Clark "went over the curb onto the sidewalk on Maplewood Avenue near that intersection and struck a pedestrian walking on the sidewalk from behind."
The pedestrian, Carla Dow, 67, of Kittery Point, Maine, was transported to the Portsmouth Regional Hospital, police said. Dow was treated and released, a hospital spokesperson said Saturday.
Police said Clark was the only person in the car, and she was not hurt.
Police added, "There were no indicators that Senator Clark was impaired or under the influence of intoxicating substances."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Expectant couple's deaths in Lebanon crash probed - 0
- AG finds no new criminal conduct for ex-New London police chief - 1
- Newington accident victim succumbs to her injuries - 0
- Police check out bomb threat at Sanborn Regional High - 0
- I-293 North ramp reopens in Manchester - 1
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 5
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
READER COMMENTS: 33
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Ads go after Shea-Porter for ACA support
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072