Home » News » Public Safety
Police say Sen. Martha Fuller Clark struck pedestrian with car in Portsmouth
A press release from Portsmouth police said the police and fire departments responded to the accident at 8:39 p.m. at the corner of Maplewood Avenue and Hanover Street.
Police said a silver Audi driven by Clark "went over the curb onto the sidewalk on Maplewood Avenue near that intersection and struck a pedestrian walking on the sidewalk from behind."
The pedestrian, Carla Dow, 67, of Kittery Point, Maine, was transported to the Portsmouth Regional Hospital, police said. Dow was treated and released, a hospital spokesperson said Saturday.
Police said Clark was the only person in the car, and she was not hurt.
Police added, "There were no indicators that Senator Clark was impaired or under the influence of intoxicating substances."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
- Manchester chief now one of 2 finalists for Somerville post - 0
- Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long - 0
- Jaffrey fire at transfer station - 0
- Manchester police chief a finalist for Somerville job - 2
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Missing Conway girl's mother not giving up hope - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Manchester forums will allow public to question principal finalists - 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy