Home » News » Public Safety
Police say Sen. Martha Fuller Clark struck pedestrian with car in Portsmouth
A press release from Portsmouth police said the police and fire departments responded to the accident at 8:39 p.m. at the corner of Maplewood Avenue and Hanover Street.
Police said a silver Audi driven by Clark "went over the curb onto the sidewalk on Maplewood Avenue near that intersection and struck a pedestrian walking on the sidewalk from behind."
The pedestrian, Carla Dow, 67, of Kittery Point, Maine, was transported to the Portsmouth Regional Hospital, police said. Dow was treated and released, a hospital spokesperson said Saturday.
Police said Clark was the only person in the car, and she was not hurt.
Police added, "There were no indicators that Senator Clark was impaired or under the influence of intoxicating substances."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House approves regulations on prepaid oil contracts - 0
- Gorham voters approve all articles on town warrant - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Jacob Brown - 0
- 2 dead, at least 18 injured in NYC building explosion - 1
- Milan voters support Kenney in tight race, elect two new selectmen - 0
- Auburn police contract approved - 0
- Newton selectmen chairman defeated in election - 0
- Candia to look at alternatives to Central High School - 0
NH oil dealer who failed to deliver convicted in Montana of millions in construction fraud
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal