Home » News » Politics » Election 2013
Manchester Mayor Q&A
1) What is the most important issue facing the city?
2) Do you support hiring additional police officers? If so, how would you propose funding the positions?
3) What are your thoughts on the tax cap?
Relevant experience: Current Mayor, former Aldermen, past State Senator, former small business owner and entrepreneur.
1) We must resolve the remaining contract issues with our teachers. We must sit down and come to a common understanding about where we are and where we are going to resolve the outstanding issues so we can collectively work together to surpass the goals we have set for city students. As your Mayor I have seen first-hand that we have the best students in the state, the best schools in the state, the best teachers, principals and administrators in the state and we have proven time after time that we exceed all expectations when we work together.
Relevant experience: Proud father and husband; two-term Manchester alderman; chair, BMA Committee on Jobs & Economic Development; member, BMA Committee on Finance
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads