Home » News » Politics » Election 2013
Manchester Mayor Q&A
1) What is the most important issue facing the city?
2) Do you support hiring additional police officers? If so, how would you propose funding the positions?
3) What are your thoughts on the tax cap?
Relevant experience: Current Mayor, former Aldermen, past State Senator, former small business owner and entrepreneur.
1) We must resolve the remaining contract issues with our teachers. We must sit down and come to a common understanding about where we are and where we are going to resolve the outstanding issues so we can collectively work together to surpass the goals we have set for city students. As your Mayor I have seen first-hand that we have the best students in the state, the best schools in the state, the best teachers, principals and administrators in the state and we have proven time after time that we exceed all expectations when we work together.
Relevant experience: Proud father and husband; two-term Manchester alderman; chair, BMA Committee on Jobs & Economic Development; member, BMA Committee on Finance
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- High School Football Power Poll: Some shuffling in the middle - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 1
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio: A well-earned celebration for Sox. - 0
- A’s earn their way into postseason play - 0
Dover man's nightmare lesson for everyone
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH
Personhood Controversial? Really?
License revocations for DWI announced
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond