Home » News » Politics » Election 2013
Manchester Alderman At Large Q&A
1) What is the most important issue facing the city?
2) Do you support hiring additional police officers? If so, how would you propose funding the positions?
3) What are your thoughts on the tax cap?
Occupation: Electrician/Construction Consultant
Relevant experience: I currently serve as an Alderman-at-Large. I have served as the Ward 4 Alderman and also served in the NH State Senate
2) I do support hiring additional police officers. We should begin by applying for every federal grant that we are eligible for.
Joseph Kelly Levasseur
Occupation: Owner of Theo's, attorney, register of probate
Relevant experience: Property owner, restaurant owner, attorney, father, incumbent
1) The lack of trust that government is providing us with adequate protection from an ever increasing crime problem; the tools necessary to provide our children with an adequate education necessary for the 21st century; the never ending burden placed on businesses; and the lack of trust citizens have that laws apply equally to Manchester law enforcement as they do to ordinary citizens.
Occupation: President, Aspen Insurance Agency
Relevant experience: Six-term state representative; business owner; service on a number of not-for-profit organizations; 2013 Charter Commission; experience in real estate and finance.
2) I would support hiring officers that will focus on the out-of-control drug problem in the city. The new officers would have to be dedicated to this endeavor and be very aggressive in areas where drug sales are being conducted. The criminals must get the message that their days are numbered in the city. We cannot let the current drug-related crime become the new normal. I would use a combination of federal grants and some of the savings from continued health insurance savings to fund the additional officers.
Occupation: Car rental agent at the Manchester Airport
Relevant experience: I have lived in my memere's hometown of Manchester for five years. I formerly substitute taught within the Manchester school system and worked at a hotel in the city limits. I have voted in all local elections and even ran for state representative for Ward 4 in 2008.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 4
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Anthony M. Kay
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses