Monarchs, B's have home-and-home series this weekend
The teams meet in Providence tonight at 7 p.m. and then Saturday at 7 p.m. at the Verizon Wireless Arena.
“It creates a little bit of a rivalry, which creates more of a playoff atmosphere,” said forward Brandon Kozun. “It’s a good team. We know they have a lot of firepower and we have to make sure we’re ready.”
The teams have already played two games that went to a shootout, with the Monarchs winning both.
One Bruins prospect off to a rough start is goalie Malcolm Subban. The 19-year-old first round pick has played in just two games, giving up four goals each time and struggling with a save percentage of .879.
After this weekend, the Monarchs will be off until a road trip to St. John’s for a pair of games next weekend.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fergus Cullen: The Christmas card many of us wish we could send - 0
- Ben Dick: Teachers had good reason to reject Manchester contract offer - 16
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare: Silence of the insurers - 3
- George Will: Executive discretion to the extreme - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Being better than New Jersey isn't good enough - 1
- Kathy Sullivan: GOP outrage machine might have finally gone too far - 47
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 2
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 16
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Beltran, Yankees make it official
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass