Utility says it would bury power lines for project in Vermont
But critics said TDI New England's proposal not only disproves that claim, but could place Northern Pass out of the bidding since New England Clean Power Link would provide comparable energy to the New England market — without the community and political opposition Northern Pass has engendered.
"Northern Pass stands alone as the only project in New England that requires no customer subsidy and will bring clean, low-cost hydro power along with direct and substantial economic benefits to New Hampshire," he said.
Conservation Law Foundation staff attorney Christophe Courchesne said TDI New England's proposal "dispels many of the misleading arguments Northern Pass has made for avoiding taking the project underground that would make it much more acceptable to communities."
Gov. Hassan, who has criticized Northern Pass for discounting innovative technologies in favor of old transmission methods that could harm the state, believes the state must address long-term energy needs in ways that protect the state and region's scenic beauty and tourism-driven economy, her spokesman said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bracing for the heating season throughout New Hampshire - 1
- Firewood scarcity driven by demand throughout NH - 2
- Hopkinton wood program is neighbor to neighbor - 0
- Fire marshal OKs Groton Wind operations after deeming facility safe - 0
- Northeast natural gas at decade high on winter supply concern - 1
- Developer granted permit for wind tower in Alexandria - 3
- Hanover project seeks to increase solar installations - 1
- UPDATED: Regulators OK 47 percent rate hike for Liberty Utilities customers - 15
- Developer says Alexandria wrong to deny tower - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA: Lancers beat South - 0
- College Football: St. Anselm football loses third straight game - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Tough decisions loom for Legion - 0
- A good first impression - 0
- NHIAA: Exeter keeps Memorial attack at bay - 0
- Windham clinches first with huge win - 0
- NHIAA: Campbell thumps Brady - 0
- NHIAA: Brummett scores 5 for Derryfield - 0
- NHIAA: Souhegan advances in OT - 0
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks
A good first impression
Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood