NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrimack Valley, Windham advance
Merrimack Valley will face top-seeded Windham in the finals on Sunday at Beford High School at 2:30 p.m. Windham advanced with a 3-2 overtime win against St. Thomas Aquinas of Dover on Thursday.
“It was a beautiful pass, I was in the right spot,” said Thurber of the play by Davis. “We make a great team.”
Two minutes into the second half it appeared Lebanon tied the game with a slap shot off a penalty corner.
The goal was waved off.
Windham put pressure on St. Thomas early, resulting in five straight penalty corners. Taylor Powell scored off the fifth one to put Windham up 1-0 at the 8-minute mark.
St. Thomas kept applying pressure in the second half before Gabrielle Dodier scored off a long corner and put the Saints in front 2-1, setting up Windham’s late-game heroics.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
- Riding lessons: DRED improves horse rules - 5
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 15
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan