Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Bruins top Ducks in shootout
The win snapped Boston's two-game losing skid.
Buffalo Sabres forward John Scott received a seven-game suspension on Thursday for his hit on Boston Bruins forward Loui Eriksson in an Oct. 23 game.
Scott had been suspended indefinitely while awaiting his in-person hearing with the NHL's Department of Player Safety. He already has served three of the seven games.
"Scott cuts across Eriksson and delivers a shoulder to Eriksson's head, making it the main point of contact and causing a serious injury," NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan said. "Although Eriksson is eligible to be checked on this play, he is not eligible to be checked in this fashion."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 0
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 24
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 3
- George Will: The choices we have on Iran - 0
- Roger Simon: We should not be in Afghanistan next year - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: America in retreat, allies abandoned - 0
- Charles Lane: A Social Security fix that fixes nothing - 26
- Fergus Cullen: Baines and Bramante modernize education for the iTunes era - 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 9
READER COMMENTS: 33
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Ads go after Shea-Porter for ACA support
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice