Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Bruins top Ducks in shootout
The win snapped Boston's two-game losing skid.
Buffalo Sabres forward John Scott received a seven-game suspension on Thursday for his hit on Boston Bruins forward Loui Eriksson in an Oct. 23 game.
Scott had been suspended indefinitely while awaiting his in-person hearing with the NHL's Department of Player Safety. He already has served three of the seven games.
"Scott cuts across Eriksson and delivers a shoulder to Eriksson's head, making it the main point of contact and causing a serious injury," NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan said. "Although Eriksson is eligible to be checked on this play, he is not eligible to be checked in this fashion."
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
- Riding lessons: DRED improves horse rules - 5
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 15
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan