Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Bruins top Ducks in shootout
The win snapped Boston's two-game losing skid.
Buffalo Sabres forward John Scott received a seven-game suspension on Thursday for his hit on Boston Bruins forward Loui Eriksson in an Oct. 23 game.
Scott had been suspended indefinitely while awaiting his in-person hearing with the NHL's Department of Player Safety. He already has served three of the seven games.
"Scott cuts across Eriksson and delivers a shoulder to Eriksson's head, making it the main point of contact and causing a serious injury," NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan said. "Although Eriksson is eligible to be checked on this play, he is not eligible to be checked in this fashion."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Windham boys prevail in hoop opener - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Rich won’t return to coach Londonderry football - 1
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0