Pastor Young returns to Goffstown Christian Fellowship
After Young left, the church changed its name to Goffstown Christian Fellowship, and over the years attendance has dropped to less than a dozen parishioners.
“I was the music director at the church when Ed was there, and at the beginning of this year he and I started to consider him coming back into the area and starting something up with ’the old gang,’” said parishioner Rich Araldi. “We were thinking of a home church or renting a space. The circumstances surrounding the coming together of Ed and the Goffstown church have been quite remarkable.”
On Father’s Day, Young was invited to do the service in Goffstown, and the church was packed.
“We had over 100 people. I said, ’Hmmm, maybe we have something here.’ We’re hoping to build it up to what it was,” Young said.
“Somebody once said, religion is for those who don’t want to go to hell and spirituality is for people who have already been there,” he said.
“We were there so long that the children who were in Sunday School are now adults with children of their own. We’re thinking they may want to get involved in the Fellowship. That will give us the basis of starting over again,” Young said.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
- Bottle store blues: The useless grocery mandate - 2
- Finding city revenue: Seek more private partners - 0
- Putin's freedom: Obama's weakness - 42
- Safe seats, frequent flyers - 0
- Sports volunteers: Eric Mommsen embodies the spirit - 0
- Issa drops in: Doesn't match media slant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 3
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief