Home » News » Public Safety
Deware sworn in as chief of police in Lyndeborough
Lisa Deware pinned her husband's new police chief badge after being in as Lyndeborough Chief of Police. kathleen baglio humphreys
The event was years in the making.
The position of chief was abolished in 2007 and then reinstated this past March following a vote at Town Meeting. After a long search, the Board of Selectmen settled on Deware, 49, who served as the department's officer-in-charge for the past 16 months.
Chief Brent Hautanen of the Wilton Police Department said he has worked closely with Deware for a few years.
"Rance has been doing the job for 16 months and has done a great job and will continue to do a great job, and as the town next door I'm glad to see some stability. Rance will be good for this position," Hautanen said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 2
- Supporters ask for patience in Abby Hernandez case while authorities sort it all out - 10
- Package found at Manchester federal building was harmless - 0
- Tractor-trailer carrying glass rolls over at I-93-Route 101 interchange in Manchester - 0
- Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso - 0
- New Ipswich man dies in motorcycle, truck collision - 0
- Two hurt in crash on Everett Turnpike involving tractor-trailer - 0
- Lightning likely cause of Manchester apartment building fire - 0
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Jaffrey crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 2
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 2
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health