Home » News » Public Safety
Deware sworn in as chief of police in Lyndeborough
Lisa Deware pinned her husband's new police chief badge after being in as Lyndeborough Chief of Police. kathleen baglio humphreys
The event was years in the making.
The position of chief was abolished in 2007 and then reinstated this past March following a vote at Town Meeting. After a long search, the Board of Selectmen settled on Deware, 49, who served as the department's officer-in-charge for the past 16 months.
Chief Brent Hautanen of the Wilton Police Department said he has worked closely with Deware for a few years.
"Rance has been doing the job for 16 months and has done a great job and will continue to do a great job, and as the town next door I'm glad to see some stability. Rance will be good for this position," Hautanen said.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 0
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 2
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 0
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 0
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 0
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 1
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
USNH's raw deal: Part deux
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Labor fines proposed on school project