Home » News » Public Safety
Deware sworn in as chief of police in Lyndeborough
Lisa Deware pinned her husband's new police chief badge after being in as Lyndeborough Chief of Police. kathleen baglio humphreys
The event was years in the making.
The position of chief was abolished in 2007 and then reinstated this past March following a vote at Town Meeting. After a long search, the Board of Selectmen settled on Deware, 49, who served as the department's officer-in-charge for the past 16 months.
Chief Brent Hautanen of the Wilton Police Department said he has worked closely with Deware for a few years.
"Rance has been doing the job for 16 months and has done a great job and will continue to do a great job, and as the town next door I'm glad to see some stability. Rance will be good for this position," Hautanen said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 1
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 9
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m