Home » News » Public Safety
Abigail search unites entire community in Conway area
This billboard on Route 16 in Albany made by Gemini Signs in Conway has been put up to help the cause. (DAN SEUFERT PHOTO)
The sign is on a billboard visible from the northbound lane of Route 16 in Albany. The use of the billboard was donated by Ambix, a local company. The sign will stay on the billboard, Goodwin said, until Hernandez is found. She was last seen leaving Kennett High School in North Conway on Oct. 9.
"They are not leaving my truck until she's found," said Barron, of Tamworth. Barron doesn't know the Hernandez family, but said he has a young daughter and feels sympathy for Abigail's mother and family.
"This is a very supportive community, I can't imagine us not doing things like this," he said.
"I'm blown away by what I'm seeing in Conway," she said. "You just don't see this much of a community response in other places. If we could get half of this response in some places, we'd be happy."
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Late rally spurs Fishers over B-Mets - 0
- Datsyuk goal lets Wings take flight over Bruins in playoff opener - 0
- Monarchs finish regular season with OT loss - 0
- Keystone XL pipeline decision delayed, likely until after elections - 0
- Spring fever brings hope for U.S. investors as earnings season looms - 0
- Merrimack storage facility to be region's largest - 0
- C's lose tiebreaker for draft order - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Lacrosse: Pinkerton girls rout Salem - 0
- NHIAA Softball: Dover's speed foils Central - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election