Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Manchester man pleads self-defense in shooting
Police said a bullet struck 30-year-old Anthony Pedra in the lower torso, and the bullet is lodged in his tailbone. Surgeons at Catholic Medical Center reported they could not remove the bullet.
Ruiz said the men were big — he estimated at least 190 pounds — and said, pointing to himself: “I’m skinny.”
Police prosecutor Carrissa Pelletier said that Ruiz provided police with a full confession after he was arrested Wednesday afternoon. He was spotted walking in the area of Beech and Valley streets and arrested without incident by Manchester police Detective Patrick Houghton and members of the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Fugitive Task Force.
Court documents show the victim was able to identify the shooter from a photo lineup, but told police he knew Ruiz, who was his drug dealer for heroin, as “Jeremy Browner.” He said he’d known Ruiz for about two months and said Ruiz’ phone number was in his cellphone as “Browner,” which police were able to confirm after Pedra gave them permission to look through his phone.
In court, Pelletier said the two bullets that did not strike their targets have not been found. The gun used in the shooting has not been recovered. Police did find three .40 caliber shell casings and a live .40 caliber round at the shooting scene.
Court documents show the victim told police two people, a “large” Hispanic male with a beard and an unknown female, had witnessed the shooting.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483