Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Agreement reached to clean up North End property in Manchester
“He’s home cleaning up the property,” Salahdien Atiya told him.
“Well, he should be here,” Mangones said, adding he was sure the city was happy to hear he was cleaning it up.
Assistant city solicitor Peter R. Chiesa told the judge that Nadir Atiya sent his father to court hearings in the past instead of appearing as he should. While he was found incompetent by a judge in Circuit Court in one case, the same judge realized that was not the case after Atiya testified in an unrelated court matter, according to neighbors and city officials.
“We are here for a legal proceeding not some farce on the street corner,” Mangones told him. “If you would like to go to jail for contempt of court, I will be happy to put you in jail.”
He quickly left the courthouse without commenting but his father told a New Hampshire Union Leader reporter that they had started cleaning up the property two weeks ago, about the time Nadir Atiya was served the court papers.
Sometimes the property gets picked up a bit, but then the junk begins to accumulate again, according to James Tierney, the city’s Code Enforcement Officer.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483