Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Agreement reached to clean up North End property in Manchester
“He’s home cleaning up the property,” Salahdien Atiya told him.
“Well, he should be here,” Mangones said, adding he was sure the city was happy to hear he was cleaning it up.
Assistant city solicitor Peter R. Chiesa told the judge that Nadir Atiya sent his father to court hearings in the past instead of appearing as he should. While he was found incompetent by a judge in Circuit Court in one case, the same judge realized that was not the case after Atiya testified in an unrelated court matter, according to neighbors and city officials.
“We are here for a legal proceeding not some farce on the street corner,” Mangones told him. “If you would like to go to jail for contempt of court, I will be happy to put you in jail.”
He quickly left the courthouse without commenting but his father told a New Hampshire Union Leader reporter that they had started cleaning up the property two weeks ago, about the time Nadir Atiya was served the court papers.
Sometimes the property gets picked up a bit, but then the junk begins to accumulate again, according to James Tierney, the city’s Code Enforcement Officer.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain
- Total Votes: 917