Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Police find drugs during search of Alvirne High
About 20 police cruisers were parked outside Route 102 high school shortly before 9 a.m., including cruisers from Londonderry and Nashua.
Beals said the search was a multi-pronged effort to address concerns “both within the schools and the Hudson community as a whole, where drug use and availability has increased within our society.”
K-9 units from Londonderry, Hillsborough, Merrimack, Nashua, Goffstown, Pittsfield, Manchester and Salem, as well as the Massachusetts communities of Chelmsford, Lowell and Suffolk County, were all deployed for the search, according to Avery.
“We won’t be sharing specifics at this time,” Avery said Wednesday afternoon. “But I can say that our mission was definitely accomplished.”
The search was completed in just over 20 minutes, with students evacuated for just over a half-hour.
“This is part of an ongoing effort between the entire school district, the town and the police department to address various reports of drug activity within this school,” he said. “Really, this is only the beginning of what we have planned.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
- State police OK to search cell phone to locate suspect who bit trooper - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 0
- Ferguson: Eyewitness testimony underscores challenge grand jury faced - 0
- Mass. man charged with kidnapping - 0
- Keene Pumpkin Festival issues to get full airing Tuesday - 1
- Driver charged after man falls off car’s hood - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 0
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 0
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
- College Roundup: Mabrey leads St. Anselm men; UNH tops BU - 0
- Claremont's Tarczewski lifts Arizona - 0
- Men's Hockey: Wildcats at their worst against RPI - 0
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483