Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Police find drugs during search of Alvirne High
About 20 police cruisers were parked outside Route 102 high school shortly before 9 a.m., including cruisers from Londonderry and Nashua.
Beals said the search was a multi-pronged effort to address concerns “both within the schools and the Hudson community as a whole, where drug use and availability has increased within our society.”
K-9 units from Londonderry, Hillsborough, Merrimack, Nashua, Goffstown, Pittsfield, Manchester and Salem, as well as the Massachusetts communities of Chelmsford, Lowell and Suffolk County, were all deployed for the search, according to Avery.
“We won’t be sharing specifics at this time,” Avery said Wednesday afternoon. “But I can say that our mission was definitely accomplished.”
The search was completed in just over 20 minutes, with students evacuated for just over a half-hour.
“This is part of an ongoing effort between the entire school district, the town and the police department to address various reports of drug activity within this school,” he said. “Really, this is only the beginning of what we have planned.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 0
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 0
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
- Conway adult tests positive for EEE - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917