Scenic overlook marker honors North Country Executive Councilor Ray Burton
A spokesman for Burton said the 18-term councilor plans to attend. It would be his first public appearance since he announced on Sunday that he will not seek reelection due to his continuing battle with cancer.
Officials plan to dedicate a stone marker, honoring Burton, at the site.
The state Department of Transportation sent out invitations earlier this week “to the official opening of the new Mount Washington scenic overlook.”
The contract with A.B. Logging, Inc., of Lancaster for the construction of the overlook was originally approved by the Executive Council in June for $704,000. The additional $175,000 was approved by the council on Oct. 2 to remove additional ledge from the site.
State House Bureau Chief Garry Rayno contributed to this report.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- After board OK's extension, Manchester mayor slams Hooksett tuition offer - 0
- Operation Santa helps disabled, elderly residents - 0
- Salem Christmas Fund donors - 0
- Farm movement founders honored at community agricultural day ceremony - 0
- Salem High opts out of federal program in effort to get more students to buy lunch - 0
- Villa Augustina parent board says Goffstown schools not only prospective buyer - 0
- Goffstown schools eyeing former Villa Augustina building - 0
- Jack Savage's Forest Journal: Howling in suburbia: Coyotes and the 'Beau Geste' - 0
- Whiskey jacks and camp at Unknown Pond - 0
NH's fishing industry staggered
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll
NH senators react to Hagel resignation