Annual Go Red for Women is Tuesday
MANCHESTER — The annual Go Red For Women event to combat heart disease will be held next week at the Radisson Hotel.
About 400 people are expected for the event, which features education sessions and encourages participants to join the fight against heart disease.
The event features Paula McDonough as this year’s survivor speaker. She was 37 when she was diagnosed with rheumatic heart disease, according to a release from the event’s organizers.
The event, which will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, is sponsored by Macy’s, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care of New England, Catholic Medical Center, Bellwether Community Credit Union, Fair Point Communications and The Courville Communities. Media sponsors are WZID, NHBR, New Hampshire Magazine and the New Hampshire Union Leader.
Other program highlights include revealing the top nine “losers” from the BetterU heart makeover challenge sponsored by Harvard Pilgrim Health Care of New England and delivered through the Genavix Wellness Network’s “90 Day Commit To Get Fit” program. Twenty-four people participated in a 12-week heart-healthy makeover, and a graduate of the program, Heather Bishop from WZID, will serve as emcee.
Registration begins at 10 a.m. Tuesday. For information or to purchase tickets, call 603-669-5833 or email email@example.com.
If you attend be sure to stop by the Union Leader’s Social Media Check-In Banner and tweet us @UnionLeader
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.