NHIAA Roundup: Goffstown advances in Division II
Aly Leblanc, Parker McBride and Michele Tremblay scored the goals for Goffstown.
Goffstown moves on to a second round game at 2 p.m. on Saturday at No. 3 Souhegan of Amherst, which was a 2-1 winner over Lebanon.
Manchester Central 2, Keene 0: In Manchester, defenders Taylor Wright, Sarah Michaud, Inez Lee, Haley Goff and goalie Lindsay St. Pierre smothered Keene’s offense. Sophomore Devin Lacroix, on a low righthand corner shot, and senior Emily Duchesne on a 35-yard direct kick supplied Central’s offensive attack. Sara Swetland had an assist for 12-5 Central which travels to Bedford for a quarterfinal test Saturday at 2 p.m.
Hillsboro-Deering 3, Stevens 1: At Claremont, No. 13 Hillsboro-Deering upset No. 4 Stevens.
Makayla Savoy scored in the 36th minute and Bridgette Winters headed home a corner kick from Kiersten Clough 17 minutes into the second half to put HD up 2-0.
Derryfield 8, Groveton 0: At Manchester, the second-ranked Derryfield School improved to 16-1-0 with a first round win over No. 15 Groveton (2-13-2). Freshman Gabi Brummett scored four goals and Chloe Warner, Brynn Polgrean and Emma Polgrean (two goals) chipped in. Derryfield keeper Cam Huftalen made three saves.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett's rush: A careless dash from Manchester - 9
- UNH's good name: Administration fights for it - 0
- An NSA setback: Fourth Amendment wins first round - 15
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Nashua man held in home invasion
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Money raised for dog hit by snow plow
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass