Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Wacha-Lackey matchup set for tonight's World Series Game 6
With that in mind, it is no surprise he is far from ready to concede the World Series to the Boston Red Sox.
If the Cardinals are to become the first team to win three World Series in this century and capture their second title in three years, they will have to beat the Red Sox twice on the road at Fenway Park.
The Cardinals were on the brink of elimination once before in the postseason when it fell behind the Pittsburgh Pirates 2-1 in the best-of-five National League Division Series. However, rookie Michael Wacha took a no-hitter into the eighth inning as he pitched St. Louis to victory in Game 4 at Pittsburgh then the Cardinals won at home in Game 5.
Those two also met in Game 2 at Fenway Park with the Cardinals winning 4-2. Wacha gave up two runs and three hits in six innings while Lackey allowed three runs and five hits in 6 1/3 innings.
“I’m looking forward to it,” he said. “The crowd’s going to be alive. I’m just going to try not to let the moment get too big, try to stay within myself and just go out there and stay composed on the mound and make some pitches.”
“The margin for error is really slim this time of year,” Lackey said..
Red Sox manager John Farrell said Tuesday that Shane Victorino will return to right field tonight after a two-game absence from the lineup, Jonny Gomes will start in left over Daniel Nava and David Ross will remain behind the plate in place of Jarrod Saltamacchia.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Definitely broken: City's winter parking ban - 2
- What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out' - 25
- Closing classrooms: Relief for Webster, Beech Street schools in Manchester.? - 2
- Unwanted professors: How does one get fired at UNH? - 15
- Bumped for Benghazi: A reporter is held accountable - 2
- Dangerous Iran deal: Weakening sanctions is senseless - 2
- Freedom? Thanks for nothing, Obama - 82
- Christmas spirit: For whom do you shop? - 5
- American blessing: The Pilgrims and self-reliance - 20
READER COMMENTS: 7
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 7
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up