Home » News » Health » Affordable Care Act
Medicaid expansion opponents in New Hampshire: Few will benefit for the cost
Several lawmakers and representatives of groups opposed to expansion will speak at the news conference organized by Americans for Prosperity — NH.
If an agreement can be reached, a bill will be introduced Nov. 7 and voted on Nov. 21 after public hearings Nov. 12.
"Medicaid expansion would cause over 20,000 New Hampshire residents to lose their high-quality private health insurance, and often their doctors, to get dumped into a low-quality Medicaid program that is already coming apart at the seams," said Greg Moore, state director of Americans for Prosperity — New Hampshire, adding "Medicaid Expansion is wrong for New Hampshire."
Those eligible under the program would be individuals earning about $16,000 a year, and three-member families earning $23,000.
The news conference is at 1 p.m. in the Legislative Office Building.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: Regulatory overkill everywhere - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 33
- John Stossel: Earth Day is more like Earth Daze - 3
- Drew Cline: Rand Paul's coalition vs. Ted Cruz's army - 5
- Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed - 4
- George Will: Understanding our divisions - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Attorney General Eric Holder's race card - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 14
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare