Home » News » Public Safety
Conval High School may expel teen who brought in gun
According to ConVal School District Superintendent Brendan Minnihan, police responded to Contoocook Valley Regional High School Oct. 23 after two other students reported to a teacher that a male student had brought a gun to school. The student was approached in a classroom and found to be in possession of a loaded hand gun, a revolver.
The expulsion hearing will take place at the end of the week and would be closed to the public unless the family of the student asks for a public hearing, Minnihan said.
“Their job is to weigh the totality of the evidence and how it occurred or why it occurred, if there is reason behind it, any intent, if that can be determined,” Minnihan said.
The superintendent said he appreciates how swiftly and accurately school officials communicated the event to parents. Staff members are reviewing the incident and safety at the high school campus to see where security can be added while still maintaining a welcoming school atmosphere, Minnihan said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'