Home » News » Public Safety
Conval High School may expel teen who brought in gun
According to ConVal School District Superintendent Brendan Minnihan, police responded to Contoocook Valley Regional High School Oct. 23 after two other students reported to a teacher that a male student had brought a gun to school. The student was approached in a classroom and found to be in possession of a loaded hand gun, a revolver.
The expulsion hearing will take place at the end of the week and would be closed to the public unless the family of the student asks for a public hearing, Minnihan said.
“Their job is to weigh the totality of the evidence and how it occurred or why it occurred, if there is reason behind it, any intent, if that can be determined,” Minnihan said.
The superintendent said he appreciates how swiftly and accurately school officials communicated the event to parents. Staff members are reviewing the incident and safety at the high school campus to see where security can be added while still maintaining a welcoming school atmosphere, Minnihan said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 8
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief