Home » News » Public Safety
Conval High School may expel teen who brought in gun
According to ConVal School District Superintendent Brendan Minnihan, police responded to Contoocook Valley Regional High School Oct. 23 after two other students reported to a teacher that a male student had brought a gun to school. The student was approached in a classroom and found to be in possession of a loaded hand gun, a revolver.
The expulsion hearing will take place at the end of the week and would be closed to the public unless the family of the student asks for a public hearing, Minnihan said.
“Their job is to weigh the totality of the evidence and how it occurred or why it occurred, if there is reason behind it, any intent, if that can be determined,” Minnihan said.
The superintendent said he appreciates how swiftly and accurately school officials communicated the event to parents. Staff members are reviewing the incident and safety at the high school campus to see where security can be added while still maintaining a welcoming school atmosphere, Minnihan said.
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
- Hot spotlight put on NH domestic violence - 1
- NH Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence is seeking funding - 0
- Lebanon man killed in Mass. crash on Interstate 95 - 0
- Fire damages Tamworth business, but owners say they will stay open - 0
- Manchester-Boston Regional Airport drill tests NH emergency response - 3
- Manchester man arrested on warrant related to July police stop - 0
New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 yearsREADER COMMENTS: 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Find the hidden cash stashed downtown - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Burning questions about driverless cars - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats - 0
- Strategery: A war by any other name - 0
- Not every human gets elected, but that chicken certainly pecked away at the legal system - 0
- Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.? - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 0
- Nashua couple's minivan stolen with toddler in back seat - 0
- Scotland independence battle reaches fever pitch - 0
Find the hidden cash stashed downtown
Brady, Patriots bounce back with big win
In 2nd District race, Garcia bucks Obamacare
Public be damned: Litchfield latest example
Hot spotlight put on NH domestic violence