Home » News » Public Safety
Former Rockingham County corrections officer attempting to be reinstated after wife charged
State Rep. Norm Major, R-Plaistow, who chairs the county delegation, said it is the first time in his 17 years that a county employee has sought a public hearing after being dismissed.
County officials have not given a reason for Nelson’s dismissal, saying it’s a personnel matter.
Keith Nelson, who was a corporal at the jail, is not facing charges.
While county officials have been tight-lipped about his firing, Reams said Nelson was dismissed based on an internal investigation by the Department of Corrections that was independent of the probe into the criminal case against his wife conducted by the Sheriff’s Department.
Employees who are fired have an opportunity to appeal their dismissal in a private or public hearing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
- No. 1 UConn women rout No. 2 Duke - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072