Home » News » Public Safety
Former Rockingham County corrections officer attempting to be reinstated after wife charged
State Rep. Norm Major, R-Plaistow, who chairs the county delegation, said it is the first time in his 17 years that a county employee has sought a public hearing after being dismissed.
County officials have not given a reason for Nelson’s dismissal, saying it’s a personnel matter.
Keith Nelson, who was a corporal at the jail, is not facing charges.
While county officials have been tight-lipped about his firing, Reams said Nelson was dismissed based on an internal investigation by the Department of Corrections that was independent of the probe into the criminal case against his wife conducted by the Sheriff’s Department.
Employees who are fired have an opportunity to appeal their dismissal in a private or public hearing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- PSNH says storm ranks as 4th largest for peak outage - 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 0
- More than 200,000 New Hampshire customers without power - 1
- Thanksgiving travel a nightmare as storm dumps heavy, wet snow - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Pat Buchanan: What to make of Ferguson?