Home » News » Public Safety
Former Rockingham County corrections officer attempting to be reinstated after wife charged
State Rep. Norm Major, R-Plaistow, who chairs the county delegation, said it is the first time in his 17 years that a county employee has sought a public hearing after being dismissed.
County officials have not given a reason for Nelson’s dismissal, saying it’s a personnel matter.
Keith Nelson, who was a corporal at the jail, is not facing charges.
While county officials have been tight-lipped about his firing, Reams said Nelson was dismissed based on an internal investigation by the Department of Corrections that was independent of the probe into the criminal case against his wife conducted by the Sheriff’s Department.
Employees who are fired have an opportunity to appeal their dismissal in a private or public hearing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
- I-93 crash under investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sox rally in ninth to win - 0
- Fisher Cats' hitters can't solve Binghamton hurlers - 0
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Derry to receive speed sign through donation - 0
- Judge rejects bid for new trial by ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- NH Senate Roundup: Marijuana penalties to remain the same in Granite State - 0
- Extreme skier enjoys second round of luck - 0
- Derry councilors vote to expand revitalization zone - 0
- Ceremony honors Manchester's past - 0
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales