Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Friends of injured Manchester man want answers
"He wasn't in the hierarchy. But he is well-known and respected. He didn't have any enemies," Phil Provencher said of Ornelas, 54.
Apostoles and several other friends vow to press for answers about who is responsible for inflicting the injuries during the approximately 38 hours he was in the care and custody of local institutions they say are intended to protect — not harm — the public.
"We are all very concerned about him. We are putting on the fundraiser to ease the pain a little bit for when he gets out of the hospital," Apostoles said.
Meanwhile, North said he and others hope the criminal investigation launched Friday by the state Attorney General and Hillsborough County Attorney will result in "justice for Fern."
Ornelas, who suffers from a mental illness, was brought to Elliot Hospital emergency department the night of Oct. 15 by his sister because he went off his medications. Ornelas was being held in the secure psychiatric evaluation unit while waiting for a bed to open at New Hampshire Hospital, the state's acute psychiatric facility.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH had 17 homicides in 2014, down from last year - 0
- Two people hospitalized following report of stabbing, police say - 0
- Merrimack teen charged in threats, assaults on girl - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 3
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 1
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
- School district to receive millions withheld by state - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Details of Reams inquiry released
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483