Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Friends of injured Manchester man want answers
"He wasn't in the hierarchy. But he is well-known and respected. He didn't have any enemies," Phil Provencher said of Ornelas, 54.
Apostoles and several other friends vow to press for answers about who is responsible for inflicting the injuries during the approximately 38 hours he was in the care and custody of local institutions they say are intended to protect — not harm — the public.
"We are all very concerned about him. We are putting on the fundraiser to ease the pain a little bit for when he gets out of the hospital," Apostoles said.
Meanwhile, North said he and others hope the criminal investigation launched Friday by the state Attorney General and Hillsborough County Attorney will result in "justice for Fern."
Ornelas, who suffers from a mental illness, was brought to Elliot Hospital emergency department the night of Oct. 15 by his sister because he went off his medications. Ornelas was being held in the secure psychiatric evaluation unit while waiting for a bed to open at New Hampshire Hospital, the state's acute psychiatric facility.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Reagan's would-be assassin granted more freedom - 0
- Drug addicts driving spike in robberies - 0
- Charges upgraded against man who killed 2 in I-89 crash - 1
- No bail for Keene McLeod murder case - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 3
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 2
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 1
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 1
- Vandal caught on video slashing holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wall Street gains on GDP data; indexes post strong week - 0
- Target probe looks overseas, stolen cards online - 0
- High School Roundup: Trinity boys top Concord - 0
- Talib's grit, swagger endear him to Pats - 0
- NEGTC girls top notch in meet - 0
- Manchester’s Grauslys swims in nationals - 0
- Monarchs romp past Portland - 0
- Bedford girls in midseason form - 0
- Londonderry on the mark - 0
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Money raised for dog hit by snow plow
Dunbarton nixes man's poultry plan
Popular West High School official moved
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424